- About Us
- Commercial Disinfection
- Our Work
- Contact Us
Musty odor, dark blotches on the ceiling, evidence of unwanted moisture; these can all be indicators that something might be amiss in your home. Giving ServiceMaster Century a call can help you know for sure if there is mold in your home. And, if there is, rest assured our licensed, experienced, and well-trained mold removal specialists will not only take care of all the mold, they will also figure out the sources of the problem to help ensure your problem doesn’t make an unwanted return down the road.
Before you give ServiceMaster Century a call to come inspect your home, here are some more warning signs of possible mold lurking in your home.
Have you ever walked into a vacant home or building and were instantly hit by the smell of mildew and dust? Similar smells like that in your home or office could be another indication of mold growth. In fact, a moldy smell can be one of the very best signs of mold growing in places you cannot see.
Sure, a full black wall in the basement is a pretty good sign you have a mold issue. However, it can be easy to overlook much smaller signs of mold growth. For example, a small, discolored spot on a wood beam or basement wall could just look like dirt or soot. The unfortunate truth is a small spot like this can quickly spread mold spores throughout the space through the air and duct systems. That’s why it is very important that if you see even the smallest sign of mold, you should call in a professional to check it out immediately. The sooner you have it checked out, the sooner you get the all clear or the sooner you can get it properly removed before it causes health problems and spreads.
If you’ve recently had a water leak somewhere, be aware mold growth could cause secondary damage. Mold growth from leaks can often be hidden behind a wall or any place into which the water seeped. Similarly, if you have ever had a flood in your property and the space was not properly and completely dried, mold spores can grow within the walls.
If you’ve never suffered from allergy symptoms before and you or someone else in your home is suffering from unusual allergy symptoms, those could be signs of mold growth.
Mold can actually change the air quality inside your home. In the 1980’s, the World Health Organization adopted the term “Sick Building Syndrome.” At the time, it was believed people grew ill because of indoor air quality issues in water-damaged buildings. Jump ahead to today, and doctors actually have a name for that illness – Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, or CIRS. People suffering from CIRS are genetically predisposed to be sensitive to mold. That means four people in your home could feel completely fine while a fifth person is very ill from hidden mold growth.
If you suspect there is mold growth in your home, the sooner you call, the better. ServiceMaster Century is here to help get rid of the mold, and get your family breathing easy again.