Got a flood? Follow these helpful tips
If your business is affected by water damage, do you know what to do? What do you do next? Who are you going to call? Who do you call first? How can you prevent more flood damage? How much damage are you dealing with? How long are you going to have to close your business until you get the go ahead to reopen?
All these questions and more can certainly overwhelm most people, but by following a few simple steps you can reduce your losses and be on the right track to restoring your property.
- First things first, immediately shut off the water source if possible, or stop the flow anyway possible. This can include shutting off main water valve or piling sand bags around your property to help prevent more water from coming into your place of business.
- Second, put up draperies,blankets, upholstery skirts, and anything else that can soak up water from the bottom of the fabric to prevent staining and to keep water from wicking up the fabric.
- Third, relocate valuables, paintings, and art to a safe dry location.
- Fourth, use aluminum foil or put plastic containers under furniture legs to prevent water from wicking up the surface.
- Fifth, if the water may be contaminated, avoid contact with the water without proper protective equipment. To protect your health and your employees, call a water damage professional professional.
- Sixth, It is of the utmost importance for you to contact our professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration by Century in Katy to take care of your commercial flood troubles. We know how important it is to your business to be up and running again as soon as possible. We provide a full range of restoration services, and not only can we clean up the water, we can restore your property back to its pre-loss condition.
Contact us today at ServiceMaster Restoration by Century in Katy and let our professionals help you in this time of need. We can help you with your commercial water damage from start to finish.